US lawmakers have proposed amendments to the Trump’s Administration’s request which would add billions of dollars and dozens of combat aircraft to the original request.
• 20 more F-35 instead of 70
• Double the Bell Boeing V-22 to 12 tiltros.
• More than double the Boeing CH-47k t0 14.
• Increase Boeing AH-64E by 11 to make up total to 71
• Five more Sikorsky UH-60 Black Hawks making up to 53
• 17 JSTARS would be replaced or maintained depending on review by USAF
The amendments would cost an additional sum of $60billion totaling it to $700 billion.
The National Defense Authorization Act (NDAA) is a United States federal law specifying the budget and expenditures of the United States Department of Defense. The U.S. Congress oversees the defense budget primarily through two yearly bills: the National Defense Authorization Act and defense appropriations bills. The authorization bill determines the agencies responsible for defense, establishes funding levels, and sets the policies under which money will be spent.