AirAsia Group has confirmed that its existing and future A320 and A330 fleet will be powered by Airbus’ Skywise Predictive Maintenance services. According to Airbus, AirAsia currently has around 230 aircraft in service and 66 A330neos and over 400 A320/A321neos yet to be delivered, and all of them will be powered by Airbus ‘Skywise’
Airbus has set up a Hangar of the Future, enabling ‘Skywise’ Maitenance in Singapore, a region where Airbus has fast-growing services presence. The facility will handle all of the regional airlines including entire AirAsia and AirAsia X fleets across all of the subsidiaries in Malaysia, Thailand, India, Japan, Philippines and Indonesia.
As part of the five-year contract, AirAsia’s entire Airbus fleet will be equipped with FOMAX – a new on-board data-capture / transmission module, which is a key enabling component of Airbus’ Skywise Predictive Maintenance services.
Skywise is user-centric aviation data and analytical platform that offers powerful tools and a framework for conducting analysis and carryout maintenance. The data include day-to-day information about transactions, production processes, inventory, productivity.
According to IBM, The advantages of evolving from preventive to predictive maintenance;
● Improve visibility of equipment inventory, schedules and critical events.
● Benefit from deeper integration with suppliers and their systems.
● Uncover hidden patterns in usage and maintenance data to enhance decision-making.
● Minimize unscheduled maintenance and increase airplane utilization.
● Reduce response times to diagnose problems by 10 – 15 percent.
● Reduce the required support personnel by 5 – 10 percent.