Pakistan International Airlines recorded 34 bird strike incidents in last seven months, causing loss of millions of rupees.
Out of 34 planes, eight including Airbus A320 and Boeing 777 aircraft were severely damaged.
Recently PIA Boeing 777-200ER, on flight PK-710 from Manchester to Lahore, was hit by a bird on approach to lahore, damages the engine.
On May 22, PIA Boeing 777-300, on flight PK-760 from Jeddah to Lahore, was on approach to Lahore, when a bird impacted and penetrated the leading edge of the left hand wing.
Majority of the incidents happened at airports of Karachi and Lahore.
– 15 bird strikes at Karachi.
– 11 bird strikes at Lahore.
– 2 bird strikes at Peshawar.
– 2 bird strikes at Quetta.
– 2 bird strikes at at Sukkur.
– 1 bird strike at Islamabad.