Copyright © 2019 News in Flight | All Rights Reserved
Qatar Airways is in discussions with Airbus and Boeing to defer the deliveries of their new aircraft on order.
Airline CEO Akbar al-Baker said that new airplanes will likely be “deferred for several years..” as he is expecting the recovery of the Airline Industry may take several years.
The decision will impact the deliveries of up to 200 aircraft on order.
Qatar airways has the following list of aircraft on order
– Airbus A321neo and A321neo LR – 50 orders
– Airbus A350-1000 – 27 jets on order
– Boeing 787-10s – 16 on order
– Boeing’s next-generation 777X – 110 on order
– Boeing 777-9 plus 50 orders and 50 options on the longer-range 777-8
– Boeing 737 MAX 8 – 60 as a letter of intent, not an inked order